Sunday 6 November 2011

My 1st Cold Processed soap - it curdled!

Salam,

i have finally made my first cold processed soap!
 =)
 using the milk carton as my mould


the soap did not turn out right though..
i couldnt find coconut oil so instead of using water i used coconut milk instead..
so, it was palm+olive+castor+butter+lye+coconut milk (CM).

i know, i should not have started with milk but i thought i could 
and so i ended up with curdled CM in my soap.

not forgetting the fact that i did not melt my butter 100%. maybe just around 80% or so.

i've taken pictures.

have a look-see and if you're reading this, maybe can tell me what went wrong..


 the brown swirling was from cocoa powder.
it was only visible from the top though since i used a tall mold instead of a longer mold.
or maybe there's a way and i dont know how yet.


 the is the bar cut from the top. 
cocoa powder all over the place, by the sides and centre.
=)


cocoa powder for second bar, still visible here

Cold Process Soap

less here..

Cold Process Soap curdled

this one has no visible cocoa at all.
 only the hardened curdled CM.

i assume that it was the heat of the lye+CM because i did not freeze it. 
the CM was at room temperature..
=)

i will still wait for 4 weeks and see if it will cure okay.

then i will USE it!

come on, i wouldnt want to waste all my oils (castor included!!)
and my yummy milk now right?

m going to have another go at this!!

wish me luck!!

=)


No comments:

Post a Comment